Thursday, December 31, 2009

COMPUTER BLUES (makes me wanna holler)














(make me wanna holler, the way they do
my life, this ain't living, this ain't living...)
dead city,
open sores where homes used to sit pretty,
still have whores on the main drags,
but these are the children i used to play with,
from places i used to stay,
sisters and brothers just trying to get by,
trying to stay high,
killing the fear, know they gonna die,
locked in a prison with borders for walls,
living in terror of the day the sky finally falls,
(make me wanna holler, the way they do my life, this ain't living, this ain't living...)
moment by moment,
seconds tick tock off the clock,
listen to the bullets downtown,
on the other block,
baby scream, mama's body covered in blood,
eyes open seeing nothing,
drenched in a red flood,
indiscriminate drive by,
not even time to sigh,
they say a minute to live and a second to die,
here in a wannabe gangsta town,
niggers tear it down
black people are afraid to make a sound,
caught up in television negritude,
while stupid motherfuckers profit
from teaching children to be rude,
twelve and pregnant,
thirteen doing life for murder,
schools empty, jails full,
so we going no further...
(make me wanna holler, the way they do my life, this ain't living, this ain't living...)
all my school mates locked up or put down,
class reunion in hell,
i don't go, can't stand the smell,
homeboys did the dope slinging
gang bang shit,
before it was coast to coast,
now its lord and host
of a set of young minds,
shopping mall cool,
pants around knees,
getting raped unknowingly like fools,
but its okay, cause the NBA pays,
and DefJam looking for new spitters,
though they only finding bullshitters,
and a Google search for my friends
brings up obituaries,
federal prison stretches
and AWOL searches from militaries,
run a search engine trip,
like looking for white dignitaries,
no such thing in this world
where young black men get dead and buried,
and you damn right,
it makes me wanna holler,
but i hold my tongue,
cause the afrocentrics are mental,
and the rest are deaf and dumb,
its looking like the slave ships
are docking back in the bay,
except now its electronic economical,
in this age and day,
and if there is no righteous ones,
gonna be computer blues,
if there ain't no righteous ones,
gonna be computer blues,
and somebody, please,
PLEASE,
tell me what the hell is wrong...
(make me wanna holler, the way they do my life, this ain't living, this ain't living...)

No comments: